Even though home bound , Monday blues seems like a constant phenomenon. Don’t worry guys , there are numerous solutions to steer clear of it to an extent. One of the reasons might be your unfulfilled tasks due to the absolute lack of planning which often ends up in last-ditch chaos (which is always too demanding and stressful). Following a proper timeline could really work like a charm here . Plan to finish the tasks you find hopeless on Friday evening itself so that you will have the whole weekend to get pumped up with your favourite tunes.
(A weekend over dose could also be a reason for the blues!)
Define clear boundaries between professional and personal life and never let the work deadlines creep into your off-time . This could avoid the grumpiness and complaints on Monday about a spoilt weekend. Don’t take anything too seriously that it could bother your mind and body . Give a thought on how it rewards you above your personal priorities and mental balance. I could suggest you some quirky and intriguing check lists for a weekend worth happening to look forward for a delightful Monday. (Some of which worked effectively for me to beat the numbness on the start of a week )
- Hit the gym : A Sound mind and sound body comes as a combo pack. Some other “packs” as well if you are not just checking out yourself and others in the gym mirror!
- Dine out with your dearest : Cheap thrill to please your own gut.
- Hibernate as much as you want : Nobody needs a suggestion for that matter.
- Call a friend you have been missing for long : Make sure that you have their number , if yes be prepared for an earful !
- Invest time on your long dream : Your kind of Monday blue killer forever!
- Surprise visit to your Parents : Make sure they are home , else you and the dog will be surprised.
- Do Pranks : Preferably your neighbour with that weird WiFi name and a ‘Big Bang’ password.
- Go shopping : Ladies better be alone because the rest is history !
- Engage in your favourite sports : If you don’t have any just mock your partner.
Above all approach the week with the hope that you will get enough coffee to sip in , new stories to share with your friends and most importantly it’s just another day which too shall pass.